The first Learn2Lead Course for 2017 is being organised to take place at Mt Arapiles from 24th – 29th January.
The VCC offers this course exclusively to members.
Take the next step. Learn to lead climb, have fun and get home safely:
- Exclusive to VCC members
- 6 days qualified instruction
- All equipment, including trad gear, provided
- Only 4 participants per instructor.
What you will learn:
- Lead climbing using natural protection
- Setting up belay stations and descending from the cliff
- Multi-pitch considerations
- Protecting the second.
- You should be able to safely belay and second a lead climber outdoors
- You must be a current VCC member.
Total cost: $695 per person, including GST.
Note: Parks Victoria Camping Fees at Mt Arapiles ($5:20 per person per night), Food and Transport are not included in this price.
The course is organised by the VCC, and is run over 6 consecutive days by a qualified private provider.
Contact Michael O’Reilly, the VCC Trip Co-ordinator, as soon as possible to secure your place. There are only 4 places available on this course. Your place on the course will only be confirmed upon payment of a non-refundable $125 deposit. The balance of the payment needs to be made at least 3 weeks prior to the start of the course.
Photos: Michael’s rack and a hex placement.