This rescheduled second Learn2Lead Course is now FULL. A third Learn2LeadCourse has been advertised for 13th – 18th May. Please contact Michael as soon as possible if you are interested in doing this third course.
The second Learn2Lead Course for 2017 has being rescheduled and will now be offered from 8th – 13th April. This also coincides with the Victorian School Holidays.
The VCC offers this course exclusively to members.
Take the next step. Learn to lead climb, have fun and get home safely:
· Exclusive to VCC members
· 6 days qualified instruction
· All equipment, including trad gear, provided
· Only 4 participants per instructor.
What you will learn:
· Lead climbing using natural protection
· Setting up belay stations and descending from the cliff
· Multi-pitch considerations
· Protecting the second.
· You should be able to safely belay and second a lead climber outdoors
· You must be a current VCC member
Total cost: $695 per person, including GST.
Note: Parks Victoria Camping Fees at Mt Arapiles ($5:20 per person per night), Food and Transport are not included in this price.
The course is organised by the VCC, and is run over 6 consecutive days by a qualified private provider.
Contact Michael O’Reilly, the VCC Trip Co-ordinator, as soon as possible to secure your place. There are only 4 places available on this course. Your place on the course will only be confirmed upon payment of a non-refundable and non-transferrable $195 deposit. The balance of the payment needs to be made at least 4 weeks prior to the start of the course.
Photos: Michael’s rack and a hex placement.
Not sure if you’re novice, intermediate or advanced? Find your level or contact the trip leader.