The final Learn2Lead Course for 2018 has been organised to run at Mt Arapiles/Djurite, starting at the end of November. It will run from Tuesday 27th November until Sunday 2nd December, 2018.
The VCC offers this course exclusively to members.
Take the next step. Learn to lead climb using natural protection, have fun and get home safely:
· Exclusive to VCC members
· 6 days qualified instruction
· All equipment, including trad gear, provided
· Only 4 participants are on the course.
What you will learn:
· Lead climbing using natural protection
· Setting up belay stations and descending from the cliff
· Multi-pitch considerations
· Protecting the second.
· You should be able to safely belay and second a lead climber outdoors
· You must be a current VCC member.
Total cost: $695 per person, including GST.
Note: Parks Victoria Camping Fees at Mt Arapiles ($5:30 per person per night), Food and Transport are not included in this price.
The course is organised by the VCC, and is run over 6 consecutive days by a qualified private provider.
Contact Michael O’Reilly, the VCC Trip Co-ordinator, as soon as possible to secure your place. There are only 4 places available on any Learn2Lead Course. Your place on the course will only be confirmed upon payment of a non-refundable and non-transferrable $195 deposit. The balance of the payment needs to be made at least 4 weeks prior to the start of the course.
Photos: Michael’s trad rack and a hex placement.
Not sure if you’re novice, intermediate or advanced? Find your level or contact the trip leader.