The fifth and final Learn2Lead Course for 2016 is now FULL. The first L2L Course for 2017 will be advertised once the dates are finalised. Please contact Michael O’Reilly, the VCC Trip Co-ordinator, if you are interested in a 2017 L2L Course.
The fifth Learn2Lead Course for 2016 is being organised to take place at Mt Arapiles in November. The VCC offers this course exclusively to members.
Take the next step. Learn to lead climb, have fun and get home safely:
- – Exclusive to VCC members
- – 6 days qualified instruction
- – All equipment provided
- – A max 4 students per instructor.
What you will learn:
- – Lead climbing using natural protection
- – Setting up belay stations and descending from the cliff
- – Multi-pitch considerations
- – Protecting the second.
- You should be able to safely belay and second a lead climber outdoors
- You must be a current VCC member
- Total cost: $625 per person, including GST.
Note: Parks Victoria Camping Fees at Mt Arapiles ($5:10 per person per night), Food and Transport are not included in this price.
The course is organised by the VCC, and is run over 6 consecutive days by a qualified private provider.
Contact Michael O’Reilly, the VCC Trip Co-ordinator, as soon as possible to secure your place. There are only 4 places available on this course. Your place on the course will only be confirmed upon payment of a non-refundable $125 deposit. The balance of the payment needs to be made at least 3 weeks prior to the start of the course.
Photos: Michael’s rack and a hex placement.