Learning to crack climb can open up a whole new world of inspiring climbing lines that will take you up some of the best rock in the world. Not only that, a nice hand jam on a climb can give you a well-earned rest whilst others flounder and get pumped.
The VCC has brought you a crack climbing series where you can learn to crack climb, fine tune your skills or jam like a pro and share some tips with others. Our proposed events are as follows:
– VCC Crackers Movie Night – Wide Boyz – 14 April – Helen McFadzean
– VCC Crackers 1 – Werribee Gorge – 21 May – Nha Ngyuen
– VCC Crackers 2 – Black Ians – 27-29 May – Ben Wright
– VCC Crackers 3 – Dog Rocks – 4 June – Hywel Rowlands
– VCC Crackers 4 – Arapiles – 11-13 June – Josh Bassett
– VCC Crackers 5 – Frog Buttress (Queensland) – 1-10 July – Hywel Rowlands
All trips will focus on climbing crack lines, however advanced climbers are welcome to join any trip and climb what they please. All levels of crack climbing experience welcome from novice to the well-versed. It is recommended that crack climbing novices are able to climb grade 17 outdoors or greater although you may not necessarily lead at this grade.
Not sure if you’re novice, intermediate or advanced? Find your level or contact the trip leader.